Tuesday, July 27, 2010

What do I eat?

A few of the new eating rules my family follows:

  1. Limited processed foods.
  2. If I buy something that is packaged it needs to have less than 6 ingredients.
  3. I must be able to purchase those 6 ingredients in the supermarket where I am buying the above mentioned packaged item .
  4. Eat as much "Real" food as I can. Food that my great great grandma would recognize.
  5. Very limited fast food.
  6. Mostly Organic (post to follow about this)
  7. Grass fed beef, free range chicken, and fresh fish/shrimp.
  8. We add in vegetarian meals either for lunch or dinner a few times a week.
  9. Lots of whole grains, very limited white pasta/rice/breads.

How do I handle the food items my kids eat that I have no control over? (Birthday parties,School functions, friends house.) I don't worry about it and I let them eat it!!!! The large majority of their diet is healthy REAL food so a cupcake at school is OK with me. They are kids!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I love this Jen! We have been on a similar food journey. Where do you find free range chicken? That's the one thing I am struggling with here. The market has some, but it is super pricey!

JennCorbett said...

HI Erin! I buy most of my free range chicken from Whole foods or at Raleys a grocery store here. It is pricey so we just eat a whole lot less of it. It is a treat instead of a staple now.

ShareThis